Diesel Mechanic - $1500 Sign on Bonus!
(Please read description before applying: https://gojbar.applytojob.com/apply/EovyJY4cmv/Diesel-Mechanic-Full-Time-signon-Bonus?source=Our%20Career%20Page%20Widget)
JBar Enterprises is searching for an additional mechanic for our expanding team. The right individual will include performing diagnostic tests on diesel vehicles to find faults, analyzing diagnostic test results, and repairing or replacing engine, steering, transmission, braking, or lighting system components. This person needs to be highly organized and communicate effectively in order to maintain detailed records of serviced vehicles and interact with fellow employees and management on a daily basis. The mechanic is ultimately responsible for assisting in maintaining all components of the JBar fleet of vehicles including the vocational trucks, generators, and equipment pumps.
Are you the one we’re looking for?
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Pay: $75,000-$85,000 (depending on experience)
- This position is eligible for a $1,500 sign-on bonus (after 90 day probation period)
- Schedule: 5 day work week (Monday through Friday)
- Location: Burnet, Texas
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and troubleshooting techniques and procedures
- Two years related experience
- Ability to multitask
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- ASE certifications from A1-A8 or T1-T8 series (Preferred)
- Computer skills: Basic email, spreadsheets, documents
- A valid Class C driver’s license with a good driving record. (CDL Preferred)
- State of Texas Vehicle Inspector (Preferred)
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing of engines, transmissions, drive trains, axles, suspension, steering, electrical systems, heating, air conditioning, brakes, pumps and hydraulic systems.
- Ensuring vehicles meet Texas safety standards such as but not limited to tire tread depth, head lamps, tail lights, seat belts, exhaust systems, brakes, parking brake, mirrors, and turn signals.
- Maintains a safe workplace and promotes a strong safety culture by eliminating potential hazards, ensuring proper PPE is present/worn, ensuring spills are properly contained/absorbed and ensuring mechanics are maintaining a clean working area.
- Minimize vehicle out of service time by conducting effective inspections, performing timely maintenance repairs, running efficient workshop practices, advocating for driver training, proper vehicle/equipment lubrication and properly utilizing the company’s Fleet Services software.
- Meets the daily maintenance requirements set by company leadership.
- Possesses automotive tools needed to perform job duties.
- Ability to use vehicle lifts, hoists, tire mount machines, diagnostic equipment and other machinery needed to perform automotive repairs.
- Dependable attendance and punctuality are necessary to perform the essential job duties.
- Maintain J Bar’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Paid time off
- 8 Paid holidays per year
- 401(k) with 3% match
- Health, Dental, Vision, Accidental and Disability Insurance
- Dream Manager™ Program (optional)
- Personal Financial Coaching (optional)
- 3rd party counseling services available for all employees and their immediate families (optional)
J Bar is a rapidly growing rental service company based in Burnet, Texas. With an average yearly growth of 26% yearly for the last 3 years, J Bar is on a steady trajectory to the top of our industry! J Bar’s goal is not just to be a major player in our industry, but to be the premier employment destination in the Texas Hill Country! Our mission, vision, and core values are not just something that we post on a wall and then forget about. We don’t view our employees as a means to build our profits. We view our profits as a means to build our employees both personally and professionally.
Before applying, please take a minute to review our mission, vision, and values. We look forward to meeting you in an interview soon!
The Mission of J Bar Enterprises, LLC is to serve our employees, customers, and the community by living out the example that Jesus set when he washed the feet of those around Him.
- J Bar is a people building company, transforming our people, their families, and our communities.
- J Bar is a customer service company that exceeds expectations in the field and in the office.
- J Bar is a media company that promotes our customers’ interests, by finding ways to use technology and media to promote our customers and to provide added value to every dollar a customer spends with us.
- J Bar is a community service company that seeks out opportunities and takes proactive steps toward serving and supporting members of our community that are in temporary and long-term need.
Servanthood: There is nobody we are too good to serve.
Excellence in the Ordinary: We are faithful in the little things
Self-Employed Mentality: This is not a J-O-B. We all act like we own the business.
Family: We balance family and working hard.
Honest Communication: We broadcast information to team-members with integrity.
Overcomer: We find solutions, not excuses.
Drug free workplace.
You may be required to undergo a background check, a credit check, motor vehicle record check, and drug/alcohol screening depending upon the position for which you are applying. J Bar Contractor's Services will ensure that all background, credit, motor vehicle record checks, and drug/alcohol screenings are conducted in compliance with applicable federal and state statutes
J Bar Contractor's Services is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Not Applicable
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : General