Join Our Team!
We have a great team of friendly, talented and inspiring people at First United. As a learning organization, we take pride in offering exciting opportunities for employees to grow and follow their passions. That's one of the many reasons First United has been voted as one of the top places to work in Oklahoma since 2009! Browse this page to find out more about the First United culture and the many benefits of working here. Then, use our "Get Started" section to take your first step to being a part of First United.
Senior Relationship Banker
Responsible for all customer service duties, sales, and relationship management while consistently exceeding established goals. Master the First United Bank delivery process and product knowledge to develop customer relationships by performing the following essential duties.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Maintain expert level knowledge of all First United Bank products, services, procedures, policies and appropriate regulatory issues relating to daily job functions including but not limited to: Bank Secrecy Act; Privacy; Fair Lending; Regulation E; deposit, transaction and loan accounts.
- Continually exceeds customer service expectations by offering excellent service, including greeting customers, smiling, using their name and building rapport with customers designed to generate customer loyalty in accordance with First United Bank standards.
- Serve as customers' single point of contact on all First United Bank products and services.
- Identify and match customer product needs with First United Bank products and services by interviewing customers and discussing their financial needs including making referrals to other staff members and departments to ensure customer needs are met.
- Follow proper procedures accurately and efficiently for all customer-servicing activities performed.
- Consistently exceed performance goals and actively participate in all sales campaigns.
- Open new accounts, certificates of deposit, and all other ancillary products offered by the bank; answers customer questions, provides account opening information, and ensures that proper paperwork is completed and entered on the computer system.
- Processes all consumer lending requests from application/interview to approval/denial accurately and efficiently with all appropriate paperwork and reporting requirements completed according to First United Bank loan policy and regulatory compliance. This includes all First United Bank consumer loan products, with the exception of Home Equity Loans.
- Service customers by processing a variety of transactions quickly with minimal or no errors according to established First United Bank policies and procedures; including but not limited to: accepting checks for cash and deposit; accepting and process payments for loans and other services.
- Issue money orders, Treasurer’s checks, and processes coin assessing appropriate fees for all services.
- Verify all transactions, places holds as appropriate and proves cash drawer upon completion of assigned shift to ensure compliance with First United Bank standards policies. Seeks assistance as needed to resolve proof discrepancies.
- Maintain branch cash supply, drawer limits, performs cash verification's and vault duties.
- Assist with ATM balancing procedures and night deposit procedures daily.
- Perform security function by opening and closing bank and vault, and ensuring overall safety and security of bank grounds.
- Retain existing customers and develops new customer relationships.
- Participate in outbound calling efforts to increase bank relationships and business opportunities.
- Leads by example and serves as a role model for Tellers, Relationship Banker I and II positions.
- Master the Primary Purpose and Essential duties of the Tellers, Relationship Banker I and Relationship Banker II positions.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes all required compliance exams on a yearly basis.
- Adherence to all First United Policies and Procedures.
- Dresses professionally.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Work Experience
- High School Diploma strongly preferred. Some college is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of banking experience as a Teller, Lending Assistant or New Accounts is required.
- Cash handling experience is required.
- Superior customer service skills required.
- Basic mathematics to solve problems.
- Requires being exact or highly accurate with daily work.
- Ability to effectively read, write, and verbally communicate with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to manage time effectively and work independently, without close supervisor.
- Ability to use good judgment and exercise decision-making skills.
- Critical Thinking – requires logic and reasoning to identify solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance.
- Behave ethically while at work or outside your work environment.
- Active Listening – Actively looking for ways to assist customers. Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please email us at HR@firstunitedbank.com for assistance.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
First United Bank is an Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School, Associate Degree, Bachelors Degree, Masters
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Finance, General, Sales, Customer Service