Director of Communications
The Director of Communications at Phoenix Center is a vital role responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive communication strategies to promote the organization's mission, programs, and initiatives. This position involves collaborating with various teams within the organization, including the program director, director of development, and event management team, to ensure effective communication with clients, donors, and the public. The Director of Communications will oversee tasks such as creating emails for all departments, writing appeals and newsletters, designing event flyers and invitations, and managing social media platforms.
- Collaborate with the program director to create engaging and informative emails to clients, providing updates on upcoming programs, events, and resources.
- Work closely with the director of development to craft compelling appeals, newsletters, and other donor communications, ensuring effective donor engagement and cultivation.
- Manage website.
- Develop and design visually appealing event flyers, emails, and invitations to promote Phoenix Center's fundraising events, programs, and activities.
- Manage social media platforms, including creating and publishing engaging content, monitoring online conversations, and interacting with followers to enhance brand awareness, community engagement, donor conversion.
- Maintain a consistent brand voice and identity across all communication channels and materials.
- Create and implement communication strategies to reach diverse audiences and demographics, ensuring inclusivity and accessibility in messaging.
- Monitor and analyze communication efforts, including email open and click rates, social media analytics, and website traffic, to evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns and make data-driven improvements.
- Stay updated on industry trends, best practices, and emerging communication technologies, incorporating innovative approaches into Phoenix Center's communication strategies.
- Build and maintain relationships with media outlets, journalists, and influencers to secure coverage and promote Phoenix Center's initiatives.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to support crisis communication efforts and manage public relations in response to sensitive situations.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, marketing, or a related field. Relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing comprehensive communication strategies, preferably in the nonprofit sector.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to craft compelling messages for diverse audiences.
- Strong copywriting and editing skills, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency in graphic design software and tools to create visually appealing materials.
- Familiarity with social media platforms, analytics, and social media management tools.
- Knowledge of email marketing platforms and best practices.
- Knowledge of both historical best practices and trends in nonprofit communications.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal teams and external partners.
- A passion for the mission and values of Phoenix Center and a commitment to making a positive impact in the community.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the Director of Communications role at Phoenix Center. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, responsibilities, and duties. Additional tasks may be assigned as needed to support the organization's goals and objectives.
This is a part-time position, 20 hours per week, with the possibility of increasing to full time if and when it is needed.
Could be remote or in person.
Please email your resume and cover letter in PDF format to:
Please include 2 samples of your writing:
- Acknowledgement letter
- Appeal or Newsletter
Please include 3 professional references
No phone calls please. Please allow up to two business weeks for our reply.
Our mission is to inspire hope, health, and healing by providing the highest level of mental health care to every child and family through innovative trauma-informed therapy and education. Learn more at www.phoenixtx.org.
Job Type : Part-time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Marketing