Medical Billing Specialist
Slow Wave is the DME manufacturer of the Slow Wave DS8, and is the first Oral Appliance Therapy cleared by the FDA for snoring and mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea on a Formlabs 3D printer. Custom fit for the individual user by prescription only.
I. JOB SUMMARY
Responsible for managing accurate, timely completion and submission of all the medical billing, medical billing collections, and accounts receivable functions of the medical billing for the company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures reimbursement through efficient medical billing and medical billing collections operations and effective accounts receivable management in medical billing.
- Ensures that medical billing and patient accounts record systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and in compliance with state, federal and Joint Commission regulations.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of payer contracts and ensures that payers are billed according to contract provisions.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of government billing regulations in Medicare and Medicaid regulations for all Medicare and Medicaid Jurisdictions in U.S., and serves as a resource for appropriate organization personnel.
- Monitors aged accounts receivable and resubmits bills to overdue accounts, submits seriously overdue accounts to collection agencies for collection, and prepares bad debt reports for the company President.
- Gathers, collates, and reports key billing information to the company President.
- Collaborates with the company President, and Controller in successfully reconciling the billing system reports with the general ledger.
- Reconciles Medicare, Government medical insurances such as Tri-care, and private insurance quarterly reports produced by the fiscal intermediary with the billing information system, and assists the Controller and company President in the preparation of the annual Medicare cost report, including Government medical insurances such as Tri-care and private medical insurance providers.
- Works in the billing information software system, including experience in AdvancedMD medical billing software and maintains a comprehensive working knowledge of the system including upgrades and enhancements.
- Must be well experienced in success of Gap submissions and filing appeals.
- Supervises and reconciles medical insurance reimbursements, cash receipts and bank deposits according to policy related to medical insurance reimbursements and cash pay reimbursement of (DME), durable medical equipment.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with patients, family members, payers and referral sources.
- Protects the confidentiality of patient and organization information through effective controls and direct supervision of billing operations.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the employee of this job. The employee may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
I. JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Associate's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least five years of experience in health care billing and collections and health care billing management. Billing information systems knowledge required.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, direct and train personnel.
- Knowledge of Medicare governmental regulations and Joint Commission standards.
- Demonstrates good communication, negotiation, and public relations skills.
- Demonstrated capability to accurately manage detailed information.
- Able to deal tactfully with patients, family members, referral sources and payers.
- Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
- This position is a non-smoking, non-vaping, inside and within 50 feet of the company building.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
Currently this office does not require a covid-19 vaccine to be eligible for this position.
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""